Sunday 10 October 2010

OUGD301: Umbrella Statement Clarification

In response to Thursday's group tutorial, I spared a few minutes this afternoon refining my umbrella statement in order to outline what it is that my practice is really about. After a few scribbles in my little red book I finally arrived at a summative statement; all be it with a sub-clause attached...

'Minimalistic & conceptually driven typographic design focussing on layout & a limited application of colour for high-end print'

...which in conjunction, is aimed to be design led (as opposed to client led) and geared toward the production of promotional & publication based materials.
-
In an ideal world, I would still like to maintain an illustrative element to my practice. For now however, this is what I believe to be most important in terms of developing my skills as a designer. I don't really relish the thought of being the classic 'Jack of all trades, master of none'.

No comments:

Post a Comment