Thursday 23 September 2010

Quick Crit Session with Ian and Vickie

This afternoon I was beginning to get myself into a bit of a rut whilst trying to narrow my ten briefs down to four. Seeing Vickie and Ian have the same problem we decided to have a mini-crit session to see if we could speed up the process.

The main feedback received from them both was the fact that I should apply my briefs to real life contexts in order to give them a commercial feel and enhance my 'employability' (as previously suggested by Sam at Morgan Agency over summer). I'm not sure why I hadn't done this already, but it was a very valid and useful point.

Crucially I am down to four briefs as we speak:

What Are The Odds?
Robin Moore Carpentry Re-Brand
Penguin Book Cover Collection (Collaboration with Adam Townend)
Iconic Publication

I think the chosen four (at the moment) accurately reflect portfolio feedback received over summer from both Morgan Agency and Bivouac, and focus on content that interests me as a designer.

Obviously things may well change again.

No comments:

Post a Comment