Sunday 4 October 2009

Unique

Although this has been a realisation that I have had to live with all of my life, the past couple of days worth of research has led me to the idea that one positive aspect of being a lefty is that it's more unique. The amount of right handed people moaning that their handedness is boring and common has been quite surprising! Obviously I already knew being left handed was more unique and cool, but you know... I had to prove it and right handers don't usually admit to things such as this! A step in the right direction I feel!

Anyway, to visualize this more effectively I rounded up statistics from across all three year groups that are currently studying on the course and presented their names on two sheets, leftys Vs rightys...

Overall there are 147 students, 130 of which are right handed, just 17 are left handed. That's roughly one in every eight to nine students. Slightly below the 1 in 7 average I was educated by as a kid.

It's quite interesting that their aren't more of us however as left handers are supposed to excel in the arts due to the way our brains work.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment