Tuesday 23 February 2010

Me & You Vs. Ninety Minutes

This was a quick-fire brief that had to be completed within an hour & a half. The deliverables were two A3 format posters that had no limitations on colour or the combination of type & image. One had to advertise your own capabilities as a designer & thus sell yourself to a potential collaborative partner. The other had to detail what you were looking for in regards to your own desired partner.


I chose to keep the text to a minimum partly because I was gunning for high impact/easy to read, but also because I was using an old typface that I had scanned in & unfortuantely had the laborious task of piecing each word together letter by letter... my kerning may be a little off as I rushed!

The imagery itself was based on what I commonly like to work with - that being old paper based materials dating back as far as the 20's. This was done to show the approach that I often take to briefs & therefore I focussed on trying to represent myself as a designer in a visual manner that assisted with what the type detailed.

Once all of the posters were up on the studio wall, we had three choices to select a partner that we felt would be suitable based on what the posters conveyed. I do admit to cheating as I selected five, but when the dust had settled there was just me & my one partner: Chloe Galea

No comments:

Post a Comment