Thursday 24 September 2009

Summer Postcards Pt.02

Over the past two days I have managed to complete my intended photo-shoot and progress with some illustrative ideas for the pictogram, logo and chosen word. Thankfully the weather was nice for shooting outside the restaurant so the imagery is just like a holiday brochure. They didn't let me photograph inside however, Wagamama has lost a little bit of my respect for that I have to say!

Anyway, here are the fruits of my labour thus far:

FULL COLOUR (CMYK):


ONE COLOUR PICTOGRAM:


As you can see I have altered my approach toward the one colour pictogram as I felt my original concept didn't address the 'representation of an activity' close enough. Instead I have chosen to again focus on the consumption of noodles via chopsticks. This in my opinion is significantly more successful and conveys a much more direct and universal meaning.

TWO COLOUR LOGO:Building on my previous development, I've chosen to maintain experimenting with how the logo might look with a noodle like entity flowing through the letter forms. From here I feel I need to explore as to whether it should be just outline or a solid fill. I think there is definitely more potential than the continuous line illustrations completed prior to this.

THREE COLOUR WORD:
Finally, in tackling the three colour 'word' composition I have opted for the word 'noodles' as to maintain the oriental theme. The letterforms themselves are illustrated to represent noodles and will keep the black line work. I intend for a fill colour to be a noodle-esque yellow/beige with the red of the star completing the triad. It's still early doors, but I am pleased thus far.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment